Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mango Chili

I'll admit that I stole this recipe from my mom. But I will also admit that my sriracha and green chilies twist has made it way better.

Thanks for leaving room for improvement, mom.


Ingredients:
1 lb ground lean turkey
1 1/2 cup cubed mango
2 oz low fat goat cheese
1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
1 can (14.5 ounces) stewed tomatoes
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup chickpeas
cumin
chili powder
red pepper
sriracha

Directions:
Brown turkey with green chilies.
In large pot, add turkey mix to broth, stewed tomatoes and chickpeas
Add all seasonings (to taste). The more sriracha, the more sting.
Put over medium/low heat for 30 to thicken.
Add mango and 1.5 ounces of the goat cheese
Let cook for another 15 minutes
When serving, top with remaining goat cheese.
Great when served with tortillas.


Makes 4 servings.
352 calories per serving


No comments:

Post a Comment