Gonna make this real quick because today is my day off and the last thing I want to do is stare at a computer. No offense, love you guys. Hate the computer.
Goals of the day:
1. Make pulled pork sandwiches, cole slaw, and baked beans. Gonna be a pretty solid food day.
2. Movie hop. Why pay for two when you can get away with only paying for 1? Yes, I know I'm not 13 anymore. But I'm broke and get off on cheap thrills.
3. Eat the bf's ice cream sandwich cake I made him for his birthday. Yup, you heard right....a tower of ice cream sandwiches.
Gotta go, I obviously have an intense day in front of me.
Hard Rock Cafe: Chicken Noodle Soup
(adapted from "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2")
5 cups chicken broth
5 cups water
3 large carrots, diced
5 celery stalks, diced
1/2 white onion, diced
2 1/4 cup egg noodles
1 tbsp Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Light
3 garlic gloves - minced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1. Cut chicken into small bite size pieces. Cook in skillet (with dash of salt and pepper) for 5 - 6 minutes, or until cooked. Set aside.
2. Heat up butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Let cook, while stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes or until vegetables start to get soft.
3. In large soup pot, add all ingredients. Bring to boil then let simmer for 30 - 40 minutes. Serve with a pinch of parsley on top.
Nutritional Info: 148 cals, 2g fat, 15g carbs, 16g protein