Monday, November 16, 2009
Finally a weekend has passed that I didn't think on Monday, "I feel like crap. I shouldn't have eaten (or drank) that much." Where you spent 2 days undoing all the hard work you did the last 5 days.
Weekends are my weakness. Always. The weekdays are pretty easy for me, I keep my caloric intake down and can usually fit in 4-5 days of exercise.
But come Friday night, it's like all my knowledge, will power and determination is completely thrown out the window. Friday at 6pm = party time.
This weekend I was determined to get back to my healthy habits and keep my weekend active and binge-free. I was able to get a 4 mile run on Saturday and a 50 minute Jillian Michaels video on Sunday. The eating was pretty clean and the drinks could be counted on 1 hand.
Success. I think so.
IHOP: Country Omelette
(adapted from "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2")
1 cup egg substitute
1 oz light ham
1 slice bacon
3 tbsp frozen shredded hash browns, cooked
2 tbsp white onion, diced
1/4 cup fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tbsp fat free sour cream
1 tbsp salsa
pinch of salt and pepper
1. In small bowl, add together egg, ham, bacon, onion and salt and pepper. Mix well.
2. Heat small skillet on medium/high heat. Cover with non-stick spray.
3. Add egg mix. Cook for approx 4 minutes. Then flip and cook other side.
4. Add hash browns and 2 tbsp if cheese on one side of the omelette. Close the other half of the omelette over.
5. Serve with salsa, remaining cheese, and sour cream.
Nutritional Info: 265 cals, 2g fat, 13g carbs, 43g protein
IHOP Nutritional Info Approx: 800 cals, 68g fat, 5g carbs, 40g protein