I did not set the kitchen on fire last night. I did not cry after I drop our new camera. I didn't even cry after I realized our new camera would not turn on.
I did cry this morning after I realized that the treadmill wasn't available at my apartment building's gym.
Hi, my name is Ashley and I am dramatic.
I'm going to keep this short today. My boss continues to yell my name between our offices. The longer I work here, the louder he yells. He thinks his hearing is going, in reality I'm just getting better at ignoring him.
Off to work on things that do not matter, while I day dream about tonight's cooking session.
Applebee's: Baked French Onion Soup
1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 white onions, sliced
2 cups beef broth
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
pinch of garlic powder
pinch of pepper
2 slices of Oroweat (or Arnold's) Sandwich Thins (or any 50 cal bread)
2 sliced low fat provolone cheese
2 teaspoon low fat shredded parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in large sauce pan on medium heat. Add onions and saute for for 20 minutes, until onions are soft.
2. Add beef broth, water, salt, garlic, and pepper. Once brought to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
3. While soup simmers, place a provolone cheese slice on each slice of bread. Place on baking sheet and cook in over for 10 minutes on 325 degrees (or until cheese melts).
4. Once soup is finished, place into soup bowl, then top with your cheesy "crouton". Sprinkle on parmesan cheese.
Serving Size: 2
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 159 cals, 6g fat, 20g carbs, 10g protein
*Original Applebee's Nutrional Info Per Serving: 219 cals, 8g fat, 19g carbs, 20g protein
*This is what I calculated based on the recipe, but many calorie counting websites state that this soup can be up towards 388 calories at the actual restaurant. Yikes!
Applebee's: Sante Fe Chicken Salad
2 cups water
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp splenda
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon hickory smoke flavoring
2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon pepper
4 4ounce chicken breast fillets
Mexi-Ranch Dressing -
1/2 cup fat free mayonnaise
2 tbsp diced onion
2 tbsp diced tomato
1 tbsp reduced fat buttermilk
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp cilantro
1 tbsp canned diced green chiles
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon splenda
pinch cayenne pepper
Pico De Gallo -
2 medium diced tomatoes
1/2 diced white onion
1 diced jalapeno, seeded
2 teaspoon lime juice
1 tbsp fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 cup chopped red cabbage
1 cup low fat shredded mexican blend cheese
4 small corn tortillas
1/2 cup fat free sour cream
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Spray
1. Combine marinade ingredients in bowl and marinate chicken in fridge for a few hours.
2. While chicken marinates, combine all ingredients for the mexi-ranch dressing and all ingredients for pico de gallo, in separate bowls, and let them sit in fridge while preparing rest of salad.
3. Once chicken is marinated for a few hours, put on grill or skillet and cook throughouhly, about 6 - 9 minutes per side.
4. While chicken cooks, slice corn tortillas into thins strips and spray some butter on each side of tortilla strips. Place onto cookie sheet in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, or until tortillas are slightly browned.
5. Once lettuce and cabbage is cut, mix with mexi-ranch dressing in big bowl. Then portion lettuce into 4 bowls.
6. Top 1/4 cup of cheese to each salad, then add your baked tortilla strips. Slice chicken breast and add to each salad.
7. Mix the avocado with 2 tbsp of your pico de gallo to make your guacamole.
8. Add a spoonful of sour cream, pico de gallo, and guacamole to each salad.
Serving Size: 2
Nutritional Info Per Serving for Salad w/o dressing: 376 cals, 12g fat, 22g carbs, 31g protein
*Original Applebee's Nutrional Info Per Serving: 637 cals, 34g fat, 38g carbs, 46g protein
Serving Size: 2
Nutritional Info for Mexi-Ranch DressingPer Serving: 42 cals, 1g fat, 27g carbs, .5g protein
*Original Applebee's Nutrional Info Per Serving: 126 cals, 10g fat, 9g carbs, .5g protein