I'm crying because I can't buy a new pair of jeans.
People are unemployed, hungry, and can't afford to buy their child a pair of pants that fit and I'm crying because I don't own a pair of jeans that are either broken, have holes, or are too big on me.
I'm crying because I am tired of being criticized.
Children are beaten and women are in abusive relationships, and I'm crying because I am tired of being criticized for not closing cabinets or cleaning up spilled water.
I'm crying because I am struggling to pay rent.
Families lose their homes, people live in their cars and on the streets, and I am crying because my nice apartment is causing me to stress about money.
I'm crying because it's almost my birthday, which makes me wonder whether or not I'll hear from my dad.
People lose their parents, best friends and spouses and I'm crying because my dad isn't my biggest fan.
I know my life isn't that bad, but sometimes I still need to cry.
CPK: Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza
(adapted from Todd Wilbur's "Top Secret Recipes 2" )
1/2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tbsp light corn syrup
3 tsp splenda
1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
2 tbsp reduced sugar ketchup
2 tbsp diced onion
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper
pinch of pepper
Jerk Chicken Seasoning -
1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
pinch of cayenne pepper
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 Trader Joe Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (or any other pre-made pizza dough)
4oz chicken breast
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 yellow bell pepper
3 oz shredded lite mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup diced onions
2 slices bacon
1 tbsp diced green onion
1. Combine all the ingredients for the caribbean sauce in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 4 - 5 minutes. Pour in blender and puree for 10 - 20 seconds. Let chill in fridge.
2. Combing all ingredients for jerk seasoning in small bowl. Add chicken to bowl and mix well. Cook chicken on skillet for 3 - 5 minutes per side, or until cooked. When done, set aside to chill. Once chilled, cut into small cubes.
3. Place bell peppers onto your gas stove to roast. As skin chars to black, turn to each side. If you don't have gas stove, broil in oven until skin is charred. Once charred, set aside to chill. Once chilled, peel off black skin and dice.
4. Sprinkle cutting board with flour. Roll pizza dough out on the cutting board with rolling pin until it's reached your desired thickness.
5. Place pizza dough on a greased (pam will work) cookie sheet. Spread caribbean sauce onto dough.Then layer on cheese, chicken, bacon, roasted peppers, and onions. Cook in 450 degree oven for 10 - 12 minutes or until cheese is cooked.
6. Sprinkle diced green onions on top when done. Slice pizza into 4 pieces.
Servings: 2 - (4 slices total - 2 slices per serving)
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 340 cals, 7g fat, 55 g carbs, 18g protein
CPK Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza (per pizza): 1200 cals *** (CPK actually posts their nutritional info. Kudos to CPK!)