They really should just call The Monte Cristo a meaty french toast delight. It's so damn amazing that they even have to preface it with "THE". Seriously, make this sandwich. Tonight.
And if you serve it with some baked bbq lays, there is a slight chance of death by ultimate pleasure. So be prepared for the best thing your mouth has ever salivated over.
.........I must really be hungry....
Highlight of my day = listening to my boss get in a screaming match over a Facebook comment his friend left him.
Hardest part of my day = listening to my therapist tell me to put the anti-anxiety pills away, and learn a different lifestyle. .....Boring.
Bennigan's: The Monte Cristo
3 slices light Oroweat bread (40 cals per slice)
1 slice light swiss cheese
1 sliice light american cheese
2 oz light turkey slices
2 oz light ham slices
1 tsp powdered sugar
1 tbsp sugar free raspberry jelly
2 tbsp egg substitute
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Light
1. Make sandwich by laying 1 slice of bread, turkey, swiss cheese, slice of bread, ham, american cheese, and last slice of bread.
2. Brush top and bottom of the sandwich with egg substitute.
3. Mix flour and baking powder on plate. Dip the top and bottom of sandwich into the flour mix.
4. Melt butter in large skillet. Place sandwich on skillet in medium heat. Cook each side for 3 - 4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
5. Cut in half. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with the raspberry jelly.
Serving: 1 (1 very filling serving)
Nutritional Info: 453 cals, 12g fat, 51g carbs, 39g protein
Approx Bennigan's Original Nutritional Info: 1436 cals, 85g fat, 111g carbs, 58g protein