Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Italian Stallion

Pizza reminds me of college. Which reminds me of drunken late night pizza binges. Which reminds me why I try and cook my own pizza rather than wasting a day's worth of calories on a few slices (though sometimes, it's totally worth it).


Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Tortilla
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Spray
2 tbsp marinara sauce
1 oz low fat mozzerella
17 Slices of Turkey Pepperoni


Directions:
Tortillas are the easiest and healthiest way to recreate thin crust pizza. The best way to maintain the crispness is to broil the tortilla first with a few sprays of 0 calorie butter spray. Be sure to watch the crust, as it will begin browning within a few minutes.
Once tortilla is crisp, add all toppings.
Put pizza back in oven, and broil until cheese melts (about4 minutes)


2 slices of Dominos Pepperoni Pizza: 486 calories
Thin crust recreation: 225 calories (for full pizza)

(I just wanted to add...I was about to post this, I got a email from Dominos sending me coupons. Yes, my past still haunts me)



No comments:

Post a Comment