We all have one of "those" weekends once in a while. One in which, come Monday, you feel 20lbs heavier, your liver is aching, and you can't remember where all your money went.
Well, that was my weekend. Celebrating the upcoming wedding of our best friends, we headed off to our beloved Vegas; the home of everything you want, but nothing you should actually do.
Here are my top tips for recovering from a fun, yet diet killing weekend:
1. Hydrate! Your body is just dying for some good 'ol H20. Drink at least 8 8ounce glasses a water a day to help banish your bloating and give your body the water it needs.
2. Clean your body! Meaning, cut out processed foods and eat as "clean" as possible. Fruits, veggies, whole grains, low-fat dairy and lean protein. The more natural occurring the food is, the better. Your body needs those nutrients that you probably haven't consumed in days.
3. Get moving! Start burning off all those margaritas by exercising. Whether you hit the gym or just take a long walk outside, work up a sweat!
4. Drink Green Tea! This will help flush out those toxins you just spent 2 days consuming and will rev up your metabolism. The more milligrams of catechin, the better. Be sure to brew your tea bags for at least 5 minutes.
5. Don't feel guilty, and don't use the "all or nothing excuse"! We all need a break sometimes, so don't punish yourself for a little fun. At the same time, don't drag your binge into the week just because you had a bad couple of days. Just hop back on track!
6. And lastly, no more of these!: