Yes, I am a bit behind. But after the holiday travels and fiascoes, I needed a few days to cleanse my body and mind. I'm a big believer in ridding rid of all toxins that bring you down, being anything from too much sugar and alcohol to people with negative energy.
I definitely feel much lighter!
But the end of 2009 was still a time to celebrate and was filled with:
1. Home-cooked meals
2. Many of these (peanut butter, caramel and chocolate covered pretzels)
3. Vodka. Champagne. Vodka.
4. Peanut butter puppy kisses.
5. Visiting our numerous families across the state
6. Recovering from visiting our numerous families across the state
7. Coping with vodka from visiting our numerous families across the state
I think you get the idea.
The end of last year's eats included the beginnings of my new blog project of "500 Calories and Under Dinners". Here is a preview of dinners to come:
Braised Garlic Chicken with Root Vegetables
Soy Meatball Whole Wheat Pizza
Mediterranean Beef Stew
Cream Cheese Sausage Stuffed Peppers
Sweet Potato Turkey Chili
I will be back later this week to feel you in on more On The Rocks eats, recipes, and puppies.