Friday, October 2, 2009

Day # 9 - Gimme Buffalo Wings, Hold The Teenager

Teenagers scare me. Not all of them, but most. Maybe 95% of them. If you are between the ages of 13 - 18, I am convinced that you are going to mug me. No matter what you look like, you are a criminal to me.

I tend to blame most of the corruption in my city on those that fall in the 13 - 18 year old age range. If there is a robbery down the street, it's probably that teenager I saw talking on a cell phone the other day by my apartment. Yup, has to be. He looked pretty suspicious...talking on that phone...walking on my street...

Teenagers fall into 2 categories in my world: you are either the girls are from the movie "Thirteen" or the boys from "A Clockwork Orange". (btw, I love both of those movies).

You'd think that because of my disdain for teenagers that I'd avoid high schools. Nope. I do the opposite. I purposefully take a route to and from work that passes a major high school. It's like I'm an undercover cop looking for a future gang leader.

Today, on one of my favorite drives by the local high school, I spotted 5 cop cars AND 5 undercover cop cars. I was filled with joy and excitement; "you ain't getting away with it this time you little shit!!".

It was the best thing that happened to me today.

I also hate ex-girlfriends of boyfriends. But that's an entirely different post...

BAR FOOD

I recreated Buffalo Wild Wings' Buffalo wings last night. I did two versions, one for actual wings, and one for a chicken tender version. Both good enough to be served at any greasy and yummy bar.

Buffalo Wild Wings
(adapted from Todd Wilbur's "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes 2")

Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce:

Ingredients:
2/3 cup Frank's Cayenne Pepper Sauce
2 packets splenda
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1 tbsp egg substitute

20 chicken wings.

Directions:
1. Wash chicken wings. Then carefully cut skin off chicken wings (yea, this is tough i know!). Put in large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In small saucepan, combine all ingredients for wing sauce (except for cornstarch and egg substitute). Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. Take sauce off heat and slowly add egg substitute and cornstarch -- whisk while adding. Let cool for 5 minutes.
4. Once cooled, put sauce in the bowl with the wings. Mix well enough for all wings to be coated with the sauce.
5. Place wings on greased cookie sheet (pam will work). Put in oven for 35 - 45 minutes in 380 degrees oven.
6. Once wings look crisp and slightly brown, take out of oven. Serve with low fat blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.

Serving Size: 2 (about 10 wings each)
Nutritional Info For Wing and Sauce Only: 379 cals, 10g fat, 3g carbs, 65g protein
Approx Buffalo Wild Wings Nutrition Info: 1090cals, 91g fat, 2g carbs, 67g protein

Buffalo Chicken Tenders:

Ingredients:

10 oz skinless, boneless chicken tenders
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup egg substitute

Directions:

1.Mix breadcrumbs and whole wheat flour and in medium bowl. Pour egg substitute in separate bowl.
2. Make hot buffalo wing sauce and pour in another medium bowl (recipe found above).
3. To make breading, dip chicken tenders in egg, then breadcrumb/flour mix, and then in the buffalo wing sauce. Then place onto greased (pam works too) cookie sheet.
4. Cook tenders in oven in 375 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes. Flip tenders half way through so that both sides get crisp.

Servings: 2
Nutritional Info: 301 cals, 5g fat, 22g carbs, 44g protein







fail:

No comments:

Post a Comment