There's not much to say once you see the pictures of the White Chocolate Blondie I made last night.
I've never been good cooking at baking low calorie desserts, but this was a victory. My success was due to the fact that I only substituted some of the ingredients for healthier ones, not all of them. Granted, I know 329 calories is still a lot for a dessert, but compared to the 859 calories that it was originally, this was a drastic change. I could have changed a few more ingredients, but it would have really changed the taste. For me, if it tastes "too healthy", I ain't eating it.
Also, I've decided I need an electric whisk. My arms are sore.
Applebee's: Chicken Fajita Rollup
2 cups water
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 packets splenda
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tbsp hickory smoke flavoring
2 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon pepper
4 4oz chicken breast fillets
Mexi-Ranch Dipping Sauce -
1/2 cup fat free mayo
2 tbsp dived onion
2 tbsp diced tomato
1 tbsp reduced fat buttermilk
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp cilantro
1 tbsp canned diced green chilis
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon splenda
pinch of salt
pinch of cumin
pinch of cayenne pepper
Pico de Gallo-
2 medium diced onions
1/2 diced white onion
1 jalapeno, diced and seeded
2 teaspoon lime juice
1 tbsp cilantro
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
4 large La Tortilla Whole Wheat Tortillas (or any tortilla that's approx 100 cals)
1 cup low fat shredded mexican blend cheese
4 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1. Marinade chicken breasts in marinade for a few hours before cooking.
2. While marinating chicken, combine all ingredients for both mexi-ranch dipping sauce and pico de gallo, in different bowls, and let sit in fridge.
3. Once chicken is marinated, cook on grill or skillet until thoroughly cooked (approx 6-9 minutes per side).
Once completed, cut into smaller slices.
4. Put 1/4 cup of cheese onto middle of each tortilla. Heat in microwave for 30 - 45 seconds, or until cheese melts.
5. Layer chicken, the pico de gallo, and then lettuce onto tortillas. Fold wrap into a burrito shape, bringing in both ends first. Serve with a side of mexi-ranch dipping sauce.
Nutritional Info for Rollup Per Serving: 333cals, 12g fat, 23g carbs, 17g protein.
Original Applebee's Nutritional Info for Rollup Per Serving: 752 cals, 22g fat, 25g carbs, 35g protein.
Nutritional Info for Mexi-Ranch Dipping Sauce Per Serving: 41 cals, 1g fat, 7g carbs, .5g protein
Original Applebee's Nutritional Info for Mexi-Ranch Sauce Per Serving: 126 cals, 10g fat, 9g carbs, .5g protein
Applebee's: White Chocolate & Walnut Blondie
4 egg whites
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup splenda
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze (almond milk)
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Light
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup fat free cream cheese
2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
12 1/2 cup scoops of light vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Whip egg whites until they are stiff. Add applesauce, brown sugar, splenda and vanilla. Mix well.
3. In separate bowl, mix baking soda, baking powder, flour, salt. Then, add to your bowl of wet ingredients.
4. Mix in almond milk and white chocolate. Mix well. Pour into 9X13inch baking pan, greased with PAM. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. While blondies cooks, mix all sauce ingredients in bowl. Right before serving, heat in microwave for 30 - 45 seconds.
6. Once blondies are fully cooked and golden brown, let cool for 10 - 15 minutes before cutting into 12 squares.
7. Arrange plate with blondie, topped with 1/2 cup of ice cream, then sauce, then sprinkled with walnuts.
Nutritional Info for Blondie Only: 167 cals, 3g fat, 29 carbs, 4g protein
Applebee's Nutritional Info for Blondie Only: 498 cals, 21g fat, 65g carbs, 6g protein
Nutritional Info for Sauce: 55 cals, 4g fat, 5 carbs, 2g protein
Applebee's Nutritional Info For Sauce: 164 cals, 14g fat, 10g carbs, 2g protein
Nutrional Info For Entire Blondie (with all toppings): 329 cals, 9g fat, 56g carbs, 10g protein
Applebee's Nutritional Info for Entire Blondie: 859 cals, 55g fat, 97g carbs, 13g protein