Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day #6

I went to the doctors today because I've had a headache and ear pains everyday for the last month and a half. I was prescribed anti-inflammatories to relieve the pressure in my ears, which will help the pain in my head, which is caused by my fun, new habit of clinching my jaw all day, which is caused by stress, in which the doctor prescribed me muscle relaxers for.

I thought I might be dying. But I guess I'm just stressed. So typical.

Admittedly I did not enjoy cooking last night. I was grumpy and wanted Denny's nachos. I'll even apologize for the pictures I took: boring, lackluster, lazy.

In the end I was quite happy with how everything turned out. However, I still want my Denny's nachos.

Applebee's: Honey Grilled Salmon

Ingredients:

Honey Pepper Sauce -
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
pinch of salt
pinch of garlic

4 4oz salmon fillets

Directions.
1. Mix all ingredients for the honey sauce in medium bowl. Cook over medium/low heat in saucepan for 15 - 20 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
2. While sauce cooks, add a small amount of salt and pepper to salmon and cook in oven on broil for 10 - 12 minutes, or until fully cooked. When ready to serve, pour honey sauce over salmon.

Servings: 4
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 301 cals, 6g fat, 32g carbs, 31g protein
Applebee's Original Nutritional Info Per Serving: 632 cals, 13g fat, 70g carbs, 60g protein





I am finally done with Applebees' recipes. Off to Benihana for a few days...

Benihana Ginger Salad Dressing:

1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 cup peanut oil
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 tbsp diced ginger
2 tbsp diced celery
1 tbsp ketchup (reduced sugar is best)
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
3 packets splenda
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of salt
punch of pepper

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until thoroughly pureed, approximately 20 - 20 seconds. Chill, then pour over iceberg lettuce.

Servings: 8
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 81cals, 7g fat, 5g carbs, 0g protein
Benihana's Original Nutritional Info Per Serving: 140 cals, 14g fat, 5g carbs, 0g protein





Benihana: Japanese Onion Soup

Ingredients:

4 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1/3 white onion
1/2 carrot, chopped
1/3 celery stalk, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
6 mushrooms, sliced
4 green onions
6 tbsp French's Fried Onion Pieces
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper

Directions:

1. In large sauce pan, cook all ingredients (other than fried onions, mushrooms and green onions) on high heat. Bring to a boil. Then simmer over medium/low heat for 10 minutes.
2. Strain out all veggies from the broth. Ladle out broth into small serving bowls, then add 1 tbsp of fried onions, 2 tbsp of green onions, and several mushroom slices into to each bowl.

Servings: 6
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 31 cals, 1g fat, 6g carbs, 2g protein



1 comment:

  1. I have a jaw clenching habit when I get stressed out too. Mostly I do it at night, but I'll catch myself doing it in the day. I went to my orthodontist who suggested that I "relax" and "get a boyfriend". Thanks for the sound medical advice!

    ReplyDelete